Monday, April 03, 2006

Wiz Kid

There is this very gifted six year old in Perak.A maths wiz. He is able to solve maths problems way way beyond his years. I'm talking about very high level maths (university level). His proud parents took him all over the country to demonstrate his skills. He has been `adopted' by the Terengganu government, cos his dad was born and raised in that state. His parents declare that they nor anyone else would never exploit his ability for monetary gains. Turning seven this year,this young boy had to go to school,just like any other seven year old. It has been reported that this smart boy has been skipping school. There was a possibility that he might be expelled. The boy's reason for cutting classes,he was bored.The maths syllabus was too easy. It is reported that though he was a wiz at maths,he was almost on par with the other kids at other subjects. His parents are considering to enrol him in a private school,for special exclusive education.How that is going to help the boy,we don't know. I hope his parents consult child experts and get some expert advice. Recently ,I was shocked to read this latest news about the boy. His parents are allowing a herbal food/drink firm to use their kid's name on its products.His dad says its not exploitation.Then, what is it? Sorry kid,you're smart but your dad,I wonder.

1 comment:

makdom said...

Hi brother,
I miss u too. This kid I think should be encouraged to go back to school. Wiz or not.

Hey your sugar level is on the border? Mine too. I have to cut down sugar in my coffee and other stuffs.