Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Rambutan Tree

There is this rambutan tree which I planted 7 or 8 years ago. For the past 3 seasons it didn't produce many fruits. I mean 3 or 4 fruits in a season.I got to taste its fruits only once, I think.The kids got to it earlier. So I said to the tree : ` Look here you miserable tree.I'm very very disappointed with your productivity.Three seasons I've tolerated with your poor production.This season is your last chance to prove me wrong,or its the axe for you.I kid you not,I'll chop you down.' A couple of months ago ,had a discussion with the missus and kids. If we got rid of the rambutan tree,break down the side wall of the porch,we could have a bigger porch for two cars.Everyone okayed. Started negotiating with the contractor to build the porch last month. And then surprise,surprise. The tree that I had threatened to do in started sprouting flowers from every branch.At least a hundred rambutans possibly. I couldn't chop it off now,this is rezeki (God's bounty). So I told the contractor, no you're not chopping off my tree.No extension to the porch.Instead,we'll widen the veranda,raise the floor and still have the rambutan tree and a reduced garden. Long live the trees and may they be fruitful forever.

2 comments:

makdom said...

The tree heard you brother.. I hope it will bear fruits like the ones in Green Lane.

Salams to you and family.
May 'Allah' bless you guys and keep you away from harm.

Luv you and thank you.

Anonymous said...

but its rainy season la bapak..
sooner or later all da baby fruit will fall..
=(