Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A year after Tsunami

One year ago,2004,a disaster hit our shores.The tsunami. The worst hit was North Sumatra (especially Bandar Acheh).The whole city was destroyed.150,000 people lost thir lives. 58 people died in Malaysia (in Penang,Kota Kuala Muda,Kedah,Pulau Langkawi) Most of the victims were picnickers and fishermen. Millions of ringgit were collected for the victims.So many pledges were made.Promising new boats for the fishermen,housing for those who lost their homes. They got shoddy houses .walls so thin you can hear the next door neighbour fart. Leaky roofs,poor sewerage system.This is in Kuala Muda. Fishermen were given outboard motors.I recall one fisherman saying.What good is an outboard motor if I dont have a boat.At least I can paddle it.You expect me to lug that motor on my back and swim out to sea to catch fish. It looks like aid has not been properly distributed.These people lost their livelihoods. Quickly give them their boats and nets. It also seems that those delegated to provide the aid have been aiding the undeserving spongers. CM Mahdzir and CM Tsu Koon better look in at this hanky panky in your states.

2 comments:

Azyze said...

Dear Pakshah,

It's truly awesome that I stumble upon your blog after googling my own family name - Azyze.
We are related!!

I can honestly say that I don't know who you are. Maybe we have met, but I guess this is one of the 'see-then-know' distant family thing.

My name is Eliana. Oh, I guess you'd know my parents: my bapak is Ezami Azyze of the Enver Azyze-Siti Aminah family, and my mak is Siti Rahmah of Mat Hero(mohamed) - Siti Syariah. My mom's family house is just a lane away from your Brown Garden house. We have had Hari Raya visits there, so I'm betting that you know my mak and bapak.

i'd email you, but I couldn't as it's not listed in your profile. I'll go detective and find out who you are, so if a 20something curlyhead says hi to you at a kenduri sometime later, that's me!

cheers!

makdom said...

Hi brother of mine, just become a blogger. It's interesting and fun eh.