Saturday, September 10, 2005

My Wife,Jamilah

Its 4.25pm, my wife is having her well deserved afternoon nap.She looks so peacefull and serene. I have retired from my job for two years already but my wife will never retire from her housewife duties as long as she is able. She may nag at me and the kids from time to time,but we know she does it because she loves us.Some times I say some hurtful things to her but I never meant it.I would never never hurt her feelings.I have never ever hit her, God will curse me if I do that. My wife,Jamilah (it means beautiful in Arabic) comes from the coastal village of Batu Uban,where the Penang Bridge ends on the island side. When I first saw her I was struck by her beauty.Her skin was milky white,long luxurious black hair framing her lovely face,and her eyes were round and hazel. We were married on 4th December 1977. We now have 6 kids (5 boys and a girl) and one grandson. Jamilah comes from a big family (11 siblings,10 girls & 1 boy).She was the 6th child. At the time we married,both her parents had passed away and 4 siblings were still schooling.Her elder sisters and brother in laws helped to raise their family. We are very happy, fighting is normal in every family,then we speak again to each other. I have no reason to complain.She takes good care of us and our home. How would we ever survive without her?

No comments: