Thursday, September 08, 2005

Merdeka Again

No matter what I think of our politicians, I love my country very much. I was born here,so did my dad and mum.My grand parents were born here too. Only our great grand ancestors were not born here. To be fair to the late Tunku,although he didn't fight for independence like some Malay heroes, he did convince the British that we Malayans were ready and able to rule ourselves. The Alliance of UMNO.MCA and MIC won the first elections in Malaya in 1955.Tunku became the Chief Minister of the Federation of Malaya.Since the Alliance government under Tunku proved that they were capable, the British were willing to let the malayans govern themselves. Malaya became independent on 31st August 1957. Now our new generation leaders have too much power.Some got greedier to get richer,at the expense of the poorer ,less educated folks. Some became envious of fellow Malaysians who are different in race or faith. We have become a free nation for 48 years, but we are still divided . Every year on Merdeka Day we fly flags on our rooftops,on our cars to show our patriotism.But in our hearts there's suspicion about the guy who is different from us. Malays still despice Chinese and Indians.Chinese despice Malays and Indians.Indians despice Malays and Chinese. This will go on for years until finally when all the races are mixed up like rojak,through inter-marriages,then we will have a true Malaysian. Just like me and my family,all mixed up true Malaysians.

1 comment:

@ロウ 。LOW@ said...

There are still so much to do,really. But it should start as soon as we realize it, it should start from young. I think in matters like this, every single person counts!