Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Selamat Hari Raya

On this blessed day, I humbly seek forgiveness from Allah Subhanallah for my late parents, my parents in-law ,my late elder brother Emran, my late relatives near and far, and friends who have gone forever. May Allah bless their souls and and have compassion for them as they had been compassionate to us in their life time. On this day too, I sincerely seek forgiveness from my wife, children and loved ones who I may have hurt, offended or slighted in any way. I say these things every year, and then I forget and start being nasty and harsh. But it has to be said. Like a reminder. One way would be, is to put myself in their place and I might see what I have done. May Allah guide me the right way. Milah, I love you and the children very much. I will never let you be hurt, ever. Please forgive this cranky old man. Selamat hari raya everybody.

1 comment:

35 yr old sis said...

Selamat hari Raya brother mine.
Though we didnt go back this year, i am glad that you n kak milah made it to kl to spend time with your adik-adik here.
Everytime i see you, my heart swells with love because i remember. i always remember how good you were to me as i was growing up. the books you bought me, the movies you took me to, the games you played with me, the songs you sang (yes, pak shah you sang duets!!) with me. today our children are lucky that they can watch any movie, buy any novel, play any game (yep even the ones on-line) that took their fancy. back then, movies were a treat as were brand new books. But every month brother mine, u came through with a new book and a cinematic treat. (but i shant ever forgive u for buying me "the omen" and "the exorcist"- two most horrifying books i have ever read, which haunted me for a long, long time!)
Anyway, i just wanted to tell you that cranky, cantankerous, irascible as u may be in your old age, you will always be my big bother whom ishall love, and love, and love..
Thank you for those special times of u and i.