Saturday, August 12, 2006

In Memory of Bapak

'I can't remember his voice, I can't remember his scent.' How could you, little sis ? You were only seven when he left this world. Missing all the fatherly attentions in your formative years. Proudly presenting your report card for his approval and signature. Being cuddled in his chair,and to be told 'you're too big now to sit on my lap' A peck on the cheek as he sent you off to school. When you were a little baby, he lulled you to sleep with his deep gentle baritone. Just like he did for the rest of us. When you were naughty, he would be stern and did not spare the rod. After the punishment, he would embrace you and cried with you. He sang songs with you and Mak and all of us. He loved to sing your favourite song "Burung Kakak Tua' Sis, I had him for twenty one years.It was not enough. There were so many things I wanted to pick from his wisdom. I so badly wanted him to be my friend as I became a man. But God decided that we could'nt have him forever. God took him back when he was 49. Today,August 11th is his birthday. He would have been 88. Bapak,Mak, we your children, your children-in-law and your grandchildren and great-grandchildren ask Allah Subhana Taala The Almighty to bless your souls, forgive your mistakes and place you among the faithful.Amin.

1 comment:

makdom said...

I pray to 'Allah'swt., to shower him with His blessings and forgive him for all his wrong doings and accept him in Paradise. 'Inshaallah'.