Saturday, January 09, 2010

Let It Be

As a Muslim, I feel very very ashamed about my misguided and extremist Muslim brothers who had attempted to burn a few churches in KL and Selangor.

I understand that they are very angry about the recent court decision which allowed the Catholic Herald newsletter to use the name Allah in translation for the name God in its Malay language edition, for the benefit of the East Malaysian Christians who are not English language literate.

My brothers, that's not the way to show your dissatisfaction. Not by burning the places of worship of other religions.That will make people hate us Muslims even more.
The govt has already said it will appeal the decision through a higher court. So, let it be.

To my Christian friends, you should feel grateful you have won this battle.
For the sake of peace and harmony in this country, I leave it to the wisdom of your leaders.

Let it be.

No comments: