Sunday, October 16, 2005

24 Hours in a Ramadzan Day

We have been fasting for 11 days now. What effects me the most is my lost sleep. 24 hours of a day in Ramadzan,goes something like this. 00.00 : still awake watching tv with Fadzlil and Fahmie. 00.30 : Carry Fadzlil to his room.Fahmie goes to sleep. 01.30 : I go to bed after watching more tv.Set the alarm clock to 3.00 am. 03.00 : Awakened by the clock. Wake my missus up. Missus prepares sahur meal and coffee. Wake up all you lazy kids, especially Fahmie. Fahmie gets shaken and shaken for about ten times before he is conscious. Fadzlil is also woken up. My missus feeds him first. 04.30 : After the sahur,everyone goes back to sleep. Set the alarm for 6.00 am. 06.00 : Bath and subuh prayers.Repeat the same procedure for Fahmie. 07.00 : Send Lina to school SM Kampong Selamat. 07.30: Fahmie goes to work in Penang island. 08.00: Send Shafiq to school in Pokok Machang. 08.30: Go to market or shop ,buy newspapers. Read papers and fall asleep. 10.00: Wake Fadzlil up,me and Milah (my missus) carry him out and sit him in front of the tv.Wash his face and brush his teeth. 11.45: Collect Shafiq from his school.Bathe and change him. Milah starts working on today's buka puasa menu. 13.15: Zohor prayers. 14.30: Lina comes back from school.After she has bathed and rested,she will hog the computer until evening.Looking at her mail and chatting online. 14.30:Carry Fadzlil to bathroom for his bath. 15.00:Milah bathes him,he doesn't like me to bathe him. Carry him back to the bed,change his clothes,etc. Leave him for his nap until 5.30 pm. 15.00: I catch up for my lost sleep. 16.20 : Asar prayers. 17.30 : Carry Fadzlil out,so he can watch tv with the family. 17.30: Go to pasar Ramadzan buy some kuih for buka puasa. 18.45: Spread the dinner table with our food for breaking fast. Lina prepares the cool drinks. 19.06: Waktu berbuka puasa untuk Negeri Pulau Pinang dan kawasan- kawasan sewaktu dengannya. 19.15 to 20.00 : Maghrib prayers as soon as youve rested. 20.20: Prepare to go to mosque for Isha' and Terawih prayers. Sometimes I go ,sometimes I don't.See the weather lah. 23.00: Milah and Lina call it a day,say good night. Fahmie as usual, lawat kawasan until midnight. I watch tv with Fadzlil,sometimes tv watches us. 24.00: Same old routine again.

No comments: