Sunday, July 31, 2005

Shafiq the CD Raider

Sometimes, Shafiq can be so annoying. One afternoon,while his mak and abang were napping,he was wide awake.I was in the garden sweeping the leaves of the rambutan tree. He was supposed to take a nap too. After finishing my work, I popped in the house but I did not see him.Usually they will be sprawling on the carpet with the fan spinning full blast. And then I heard him making his humming noises and heard what sounded like a chair being dragged on the floor. A scraping kind of sound. I looked into the back room where the big cupboard is and there was Shafiq.He had pushed away the old armchair that was placed against the cupboard and had dragged a smaller wooden chair in front of it.He had opened the higher latch of the cupboard and had successfully opened the cupboard door for his prize. A cupboard full of vcd's. Sure,he did not unstack the cd's orderly like normal people do.He had to do it his way.Pull down everything on to the floor and unscramble them to find his chosen cd's. Actually there weren't any of his favourites,thats why they are stashed there. Of course I lost my cool and nagged him but whats the use he was cooler he just kept rummaging among his loot.I picked a few that he was interested in and he clutched them and went to bother his Mak. Bapak clear up everything, who else ? My wife told me,he had raided every cupboard in the house.All the cupboards and drawers were left opened. That is one annoying habit that we would like him to stop.How?

No comments: